How we collect and store information depends on how you interact with us. You can use some of the Program Services without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below (for example, if you browse the Program Services without registering or signing in). Several categories of information are collected from you, as described below.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We may collect information about you during your use of the Program Services, including your name, username, password, email address, phone number, other contact information, payment information, and other information you provide or post on our Program Services (such as your goals, preferences and business model) or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Register to use the Program Services;
- Request certain features (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Connect with the Program Services or otherwise allow us to access certain information about you via a social media service (e.g., LinkedIn);
- Contact us with a question or for customer support;
- Enter a sweepstakes or contest or register for a promotion;
- Participate in voting or polling activities;
- Make a purchase; or
- Post user-generated content to or on any of our Program Services.
You have the right to access and modify your data through the profile you create on our Program Services.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Certain portions of the Program Services may be open to any online viewer that you decide to share information with via a link, email, “share” function, or posting that you send or we send on your behalf with your permission. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose information through the Program Services, such as via social media service connections or our blogs, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. We are not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations or share.
We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices (including mobile devices) you use to access the Program Services. For example, we may collect and analyze information such as (a) IP addresses, mobile device identifiers and other information about your mobile phone or other mobile device(s), browser types, browser language, operating system, and the city, state and country from which you accessed the Program Services; and (b) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Program Services, such as: referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used the Program Services, error logs, and other similar information. As described further below, we may use third party analytics providers and technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Cookies and other electronic technologies.
Cookies are small data files that a web site you visit may save on your hard drive that usually include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies do not contain information that is intended to identify you personally. When you use the Program Services, we use persistent and session cookies and other similar tracking technologies for various purposes, including: user authentication, keeping track of your preferences, keeping track of our audience size and traffic patterns, site administration, delivering relevant advertising, and analyzing trends. You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being used. However, if you configure your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to use our products or Program Services that require you to sign in or take advantage of all their features. We may also include tracking pixels, which are small graphic images, in our email messages and newsletters to determine whether the messages were opened and the links were actually viewed. If you do not want to receive tracking pixels, you will need to disable HTML images in your email client, but that may affect your ability to view images in other email that you receive. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather additional information through other methods.
Information from Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties such as marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from or about you with information we obtain about you from such third parties or affiliates.
Anonymous or De-Identified Data
What we do with information we collect
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver and support our products and Program Services;
- To process and respond to your inquiries and provide you with customer service;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you (such as product announcements, software updates, and special offers);
- To analyze the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of the Program Services;
- To improve the content and features of the Program Services or develop new Program Services;
- To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Program Services;
- To administer sweepstakes and contests;
- To enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Program Services; and
- To administer and troubleshoot the Program Services.
How we share your information
- We have your explicit consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to fulfill your product or service request, such as with a service provider who is working on our behalf.
- We wish to contact you with information about products and Program Services from our business partners.
- We have a good faith belief that sharing or otherwise permitting access, disclosure, use or preservation of such information is reasonably necessary in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process we receive, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We have a relationship with an affiliate or partner that you have an online or off-line relationship with, or have visited the affiliate or partner’s web site that links to or mentions the Youth Business USA site, and have registered for Youth Business USA online Program Services through the partner’s or affiliate’s program or site.
- As we continue to develop our business, we may merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Online analytics & tailored advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Program Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology described in the Automatically-Collected Information section above to help us analyze how users use our Program Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive. The information collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Program Services. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
How we secure your information
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
The Program Services are not intended for minors, as defined as persons under the age of 18. We require that only persons 18 years of age or older use the Program Services. By using the Program Services, you hereby represent that you are at least 18 years old. If we become aware of a user under the age of 18, we will make reasonable efforts to promptly delete that user’s information.
Program Services intended only for users in the United States
Youth Business USA is nonprofit organization with a social impact mission to empower underserved young adults in the United States. While we hope to expand our ability to provide Program Services outside the United States, we do not currently have the organizational capacity to do so. If you are a user who is not physically located in the United States at least 6 months a year, Youth Business USA’s Program Services are not intended for you. If we can develop the organizational capacity to serve international users, we will update this document accordingly.
Do not track policy
We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Program Services for third party purposes. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations and solutions.
Your communication choices
Federal Trade Commission
Youth Business USA is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Youth Business USA
2323 Broadway Ave
Oakland, CA 94612